Skip to main content

Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25 review

John Brownridge
  Prisoner of cell 25 is the first book in a great series. I have recently re-read the book, so here is my review:


 Summary: Michael Vey is a teenager with the power to send high voltage shocks through anything he touches. This is a secret that only his mom, and his best friend Ostin know. He accidentally reveals this secret, however, when bullies push him to far, and force him to use his power. The bullies get knocked out by this, but his crush is there and witnesses it all. When they figure out that they both have powers (she can read minds), they do research to find out what is wrong with them. They find out that an evil company did experiments on children, and is hunting them down, which sets them on a wild adventure. 

Review: I have to say, reading this book again gave me so many flashbacks to sixth grade, when I first fell in love with this book. I miss reading books that I like for hours every day, and racing my friends to see who could finish a series first (I think I won with this one.) The experience was great.
I really like the relationships between the characters, and how they are developed. Michael and Taylor develop a romance, and I like Ostin and Michael's friendship dynamic. The book can be a little fast and really cheesy at times, but that wasn't really a big issue with the novel. The series is amazing, and I would recommend all seven books. My final score would be 4/5.

Comments

  1. I also encountered this series in 6th grade, and I enjoyed it as much as you did. I agree with you that the development of the characters and relationships are a nice aspect of the story. Your review provides a short and simple summary, which I think is good, as it does not spoil anything for people who haven't read the book. Overall, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I have heard of this series, but I didn't know much about the books. Your spoiler free summary was helpful for me seeing as I haven't read the book and I can now decide if it interests me or not without already knowing important plot information. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Phantom Tollbooth Review - Jashan Takhar

Due to popular opinion among my classmates at the time, I expected The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster to be a "really awesome good book" as a 5th grader several years ago. I read it, understood some of it, did not love it, and forgot it. The older-style writing bored me very quickly and I had thought back then that to fully enjoy a book it had to be fifteen years or younger. Now, going back to this children's classic, I can now comprehend the genius world-building and execution of The Phantom Tollbooth . Milo is a normal boy, who is extremely bored one day when he finds a strange package addressed to him that he does not know the contents of. He finds a tollbooth that he has to put together inside as well as a small electric car. He finishes the tollbooth, steps inside, and is immediately transported to the Lands Beyond. He finds himself suddenly driving on a road, an activity that he enjoys and thus continues doing. Little does he know that he is about to make new

Heartless (So Far)
John Brownridge

     During quarantine, I have been doing many things I don't usually get the chance to, like writing, reading superhero comics, practicing Karate, watching Anime ect. What I haven't been doing enough of, however is reading. That's why I am only about halfway through Heartless right now. Anyway, here are my thoughts.       Heartless is a book about a world that is based on a deck of cards. There are Kings, Jokers,  Jacks, ect.. The book takes place in the Kingdom of Hearts, where there is a King, but no queen. The story follows Catherine, who is a normal citizen of the kingdom, who's dream is to open a bake shop with her maid and best friend, Mary Ann. She learned to bake from many cook books in her mansion, and has gotten very good at it, gaining attention from the King himself, who wants to marry her. Catherine's  mom wants nothing less than for her daughter to be the queen, and would do anything to make this a reality. Catherine however, thinks that this will

Why Albrek's Tomb Was a Disappointment (so far)

John Brownridge

      Adventurers Wanted: Albrek's Tomb, the third book in the Adventurers wanted series follows Alexander Taylor (goes by Alex) as he is requested by one of his old company members to find Albrek, a dwarf who went missing searching for new mines in the village of Thraxon.  Alex and his company have to go through many dangerous places to get to Thraxon in search of Albrek, and run into trouble along the way.        I really liked the first two books in the Adventurers Wanted series, Slagboth's gold , and The Horn of Moran. Slagboth's gold  and The Horn of Moran  were Alex's first two adventures, which introduced me to the fantasy world of magic and adventures, all throughout the book. It was fun to see Alex adapt from being a normal sixteen year old kid, to an adventurer on a quest to find gold, having to slay dragons in the process. I was able to experience getting to know magic in the world for the first time with Alex, and it was fun to see how he decided to deal