Skip to main content

Best Anime to Watch on Netflix

John Brownridge

    If you're like me, you've reverted to watching Netflix to pass the time during quarantine. One of my favorite genres is anime, and there are some really good anime on Netflix. In this post, I will be counting down my top five anime to watch on Netflix. Of course, there are the obvious ones, like Naruto, Death Note, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure ect. (If you haven't watch these shows, go watch them now!), but I want to highlight some of the lesser known anime in this post. I reccomend all of these shows. THERE WILL BE NO SPOILERS



#5. Akame Ga Kill

     I haven't really watched much of this show. That is probably why it's only number five on my list. The shows follows Tatsumi, as he goes to the captial and joins a team of assasins. This show is really funny, but also has many serious parts, and at least one death per episode (so far. I've only watched 12 of the 24 episodes.) All of the characters are deep and have very interesting backstories. So far, this show is easily an 8/10.

#4. Kakegurui

     It really hurts me to put this show here, because it was one of my favorite shows that I started duing quarantine, but all of the shows above it are all really good as well. This show is about Yumeko Jabami, a master gambler, and her adventures at Hayakkou Private Academy, a school where everything is decided by gambling, everyone has unlimited money, and no one goes to class. Most of the characters in this show are crazy in one way or another, which usually leads to being amazing at gambling. Yumeko's end goal (for the first season) is to gamble with the president, who is the only person who is near as crazy as Yumeko is. This show never fails to have the most tense moments, and I am always at the edge of my seat while watcing. I would give this show an 8.5/10

#3. No Game No Life

     I've debated between #4 and #3 for a while, but I think this show is just slightly better than Kakegurui. No Game No Life is about Sora and Shiro, master gamers, who get transported into, Disboard, which is a world in which everything is decided by games. There's no violence, and you are physically unable to get out of the pre set conditions of the game. Sora and Shiro's end goal is to play a game with the god of disboard, who is the only person who could possibly beat Sora and Shiro, without cheating. The show is very funny, and action packed. The way Sora and Shiro win games are very creative, and the character dynamic between Sora and Shiro are also very cool. This is a very binge watchable show, and an 8.7/10 in my opinion. (Do you notice how similar this show is to Kakegurui? lol)

#2. Haikyu!!

Haikyu!! is a show that is very different from every other show on this this list. It follows Hinata Shoyo, who aspires to be a great spiker, despite the fact that he is one of the shortest people on the team. He doesn't have much experience, and consequently doesn't have much skill, but he makes up for that in his athletics. He is the opposite of the main secondary character of the show, Tobio Kageyama, who is very tall, and has a lot of experience. Despite his height, he is a setter, who is very experienced and very skilled, but not the most athletic. He was seen as the best eighth grader in their area before entering highschool. The one thing they have in common is their passion for the game. Hinata and Kageyama have to learn to work together, and be part of an amazing high school team. Like I said, this show is refreshingly different from the action heavy anime that I am used to. It really inspires me to work hard in soccer and basketball, my favorite sports, as well as in my academics. This show is easily a 9/10.

#1. Seven Deadly Sins

Finally, my favorite show that isn't very talked about is Seven Deadly Sins. It's easily the most well known of all of the shows, but I wouldn't consider it mainstream, so I'm putting it on this list. Seven Deadly Sins is about a group of nights, called the Seven Deadly sins. The leader of the Seven Deadly Sins, gets the group back together to stop the Ten Commandments, the main antagoists of the story. I watched the three seasons about two years ago, but I remember being blown away by it. It was honestly my favorite show when it came out. The character interactions and backstories are all interetsing. It's pretty funny, and always brings the action. Almost everything about this show is perfect. I would give it a 10/10 if it weren't for the 4 anime that I like more than it. I give it a 9.5/10.


Conclusion


These shows are all great. Akame Ga Kill is an amazing show dispite being last on this list. Akame Ga Kill has only 24 episodes, as does Kakegurui, and No Game No Life has 12, (Still waiting for season two >:(   ). Most of these shows are light watches, and I think they deserve to get more recognition. If you haven't watched anime, I highly suggest you try it out. I know they are technically cartoons, but they are much better. Most of them are aimed at teens and some for adults. They deal with serious topics such as death, and a lot of them I wouldn't see a kid watching. (Children should NOT be watching Akame Ga Kill, Kakegurui, or No Game No Life). Seriously, you should try them out. I'm so glad Netflix has all of these shows. Thank you for reading my post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Phantom Tollbooth Review - Jashan Takhar

Due to popular opinion among my classmates at the time, I expected The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster to be a "really awesome good book" as a 5th grader several years ago. I read it, understood some of it, did not love it, and forgot it. The older-style writing bored me very quickly and I had thought back then that to fully enjoy a book it had to be fifteen years or younger. Now, going back to this children's classic, I can now comprehend the genius world-building and execution of The Phantom Tollbooth . Milo is a normal boy, who is extremely bored one day when he finds a strange package addressed to him that he does not know the contents of. He finds a tollbooth that he has to put together inside as well as a small electric car. He finishes the tollbooth, steps inside, and is immediately transported to the Lands Beyond. He finds himself suddenly driving on a road, an activity that he enjoys and thus continues doing. Little does he know that he is about to make new

Heartless (So Far)
John Brownridge

     During quarantine, I have been doing many things I don't usually get the chance to, like writing, reading superhero comics, practicing Karate, watching Anime ect. What I haven't been doing enough of, however is reading. That's why I am only about halfway through Heartless right now. Anyway, here are my thoughts.       Heartless is a book about a world that is based on a deck of cards. There are Kings, Jokers,  Jacks, ect.. The book takes place in the Kingdom of Hearts, where there is a King, but no queen. The story follows Catherine, who is a normal citizen of the kingdom, who's dream is to open a bake shop with her maid and best friend, Mary Ann. She learned to bake from many cook books in her mansion, and has gotten very good at it, gaining attention from the King himself, who wants to marry her. Catherine's  mom wants nothing less than for her daughter to be the queen, and would do anything to make this a reality. Catherine however, thinks that this will

Why Albrek's Tomb Was a Disappointment (so far)

John Brownridge

      Adventurers Wanted: Albrek's Tomb, the third book in the Adventurers wanted series follows Alexander Taylor (goes by Alex) as he is requested by one of his old company members to find Albrek, a dwarf who went missing searching for new mines in the village of Thraxon.  Alex and his company have to go through many dangerous places to get to Thraxon in search of Albrek, and run into trouble along the way.        I really liked the first two books in the Adventurers Wanted series, Slagboth's gold , and The Horn of Moran. Slagboth's gold  and The Horn of Moran  were Alex's first two adventures, which introduced me to the fantasy world of magic and adventures, all throughout the book. It was fun to see Alex adapt from being a normal sixteen year old kid, to an adventurer on a quest to find gold, having to slay dragons in the process. I was able to experience getting to know magic in the world for the first time with Alex, and it was fun to see how he decided to deal